Wednesday 29 December 2010

First day

First day at the Day Unit. Only one group today as they are running a reduced timetable over the Christmas period. There were 3 other patients in the group; I think in total there are 6 or 7 patients at the Day Unit at the moment, but attendance fluctuates and it's rare to have a full group.

It was an "Exploratory Group" today. Not exactly sure what we are meant to be exploring or how we are meant to explore it. I am a group therapy veteran, having done two and a half years previously at the Day Unit, plus other therapy groups since. So I know what to expect. But it was still draining, even though I didn't talk much.

So I won't write much today as my head feels so full, and yet I feel empty at the same time.

Am I doing the right thing? That is the question that keeps coming into my mind. What the hell am I doing back at the Day Unit? It's all happened too quickly and it wasn't my idea. I just went along with what Superstar psych thought was for the best. Now I'm not sure. But what else is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment